Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Finally! Training camp has officially opened today for the 2008-2009 New York Rangers. There's been much anticipation as to how this year's version of the roster, that has been dramatically changed from the past 2 seasons, will look. I gotta give Glen Sather credit, 2nd round playoff exits just aren't good enough! Slats has taken control and purged the roster. He definitely has shaken it up remarkably.
Many questions are in store as this camp gets underway:
1) Will Shanny find a spot on the roster?Those are some of the questions that I feel need to be answered. Some questions that I feel don't need to be answered are as follows:
2) The Mats Sundin Saga... does it help or hurt Shanahan? (I want Shanny back!)
3) How quick do the newcomers blend and get comfortable?
4) What will the 4 lines up front look like?
5) What are the D pairings going to look like? (I'll pay close attention to this)
6) Will any youngster find a way to crack the lineup? (I hope so!)
7) Will the trip to Europe help or hurt the Rangers? (It scares me a bit!)
1) Goaltending: King Henrik is as good as gold.It will be fun and interesting at the same time keeping and eye on the Rangers. The next few weeks will be more telling and give us a gauge as to where they stand. Over and out!
2) Management: They have done their job assembling the talent!
3) Coaching Staff: They are excellent. They have shown that they can adapt to what the team is... that's not easy!
Picture from the official website of the New York Rangers.