Rangers Hit Rock Bottom

Thursday, January 28, 2010

I finally ventured to MSG last night to take in a Rangers game… and what I saw was not very good. The fourth straight loss and to a team in the Carolina Hurricanes, who let’s face it- they should beat. I can’t put a finger on it and I don’t think anyone really can as to why. The Rangers, at times, show some life and then at other times they look absolutely terrible in all aspects of the game. It’s been an ongoing pattern throughout the year. My personal views are nothing short of being repetitive: If you can’t muster any offense then you have to show up in other ways. By that I mean you have to play a tough, physical and grinding type of game. It’s that simple.

Also… what is up with the lack of life at home? The Rangers record at home is hurting this team big time. 12-13-4 is unacceptable at home. All the teams above the Rangers in the standings have winning records at home… go figure! I, along with many others who I played with in the past, just keep shaking our heads about this home ice dis-advantage (I’m sure Rangers fans are as well). I am still hoping that somehow this will turn around. However, the clock is beginning to tick faster and faster each and every day. Rangers fans are also growing impatient as the Rangers playoff hopes are on the line.

I just want to take the time to thank everyone who we saw last night at the game. My wife Lisa and I had a great time. Too bad we couldn’t witness a win, but that’s just how it goes. A big shoutout to my man Ron Greschner. Always good to see Gresch and his friends. Oh, I almost forgot! I also saw my former owner in Hartford, Howard Baldwin. With him was his son, Howard “Bubba” Baldwin. We got a chance to sit and talk extensively with them while drumming up old stories and memories. There were lots of laughs! Over and out!

10 comments:

grassrootsconservative said...

Good job, Kotsy, on the post. The Rangers are just plain depressing. They're pathetic. I suspect they are enjoying the New York city nightlife too much. Where is Messier in this whole debacle of a season?

Kotsy's Korner said...

grassrootsconservative, Thanks for the comments. It boggles my limited mind as to how the Rangers can't get fired up to play at MSG. It's the greatest sporting venue there is.

Messier is getting himself a little experience running the Canadian world championship team as a GM I believe.

grassrootsconservative said...

Thanks for the reply and the info! I doubt Mess would be happy with the disaster that this team has become. Could the Rangers possibly be trying to get Torts fired? They are really hapless in a sad way. Sorry you had to be there live to see that but I'm glad you had a good time.

Kotsy's Korner said...

grassrootsconservative, I don't think they the players are trying to get Tort's fired. If they are... It wouldn't happen in my opinion anyway.

You have be a true fan through thick and thin. Let's hope they can muster up a decent finish to the season.

greg m said...

usually when someone hits rock bottom,theres an intervention....lol i guess its one thing to hit rock bottom,and another to acknowledge its time for change!

Kotsy's Korner said...

greg m, It's frustrating to see the Rangers struggle. Especially at home. If they had a "Normal" record at home they would have at least 65 points. That's breathing room for a playoff spot.

grassrootsconservative said...

Ha ha...Kotsy, I can't resist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk

Kotsy's Korner said...

grassrootsconservative, Hey I remember Mora's rant well. My 49ers just hammered Indy at Indy. Absolutely hilarious.

It's true though. If the Rangers had taken care of business at home they wouldn't be in this predicament LOL.

Leatherneck said...

Hiya Chris from lovely Texas, Boy it has been an eye opening experience moving here..I live in a small town with no internet access..So how did burke pull of the Pheneuf trade and we...oye never mind...haha...Well that rumor of Joikinen and Prust is a good one..but..add in Redden and Brashear too..that dead weight has to go ..Been very interesting not seeing any TV...no internet ..wow sums it up...Hope all is well and...Lets Gooooo Rangers

Kotsy's Korner said...

Leatherneck, No TV? No Internet? Boy I'd be in big trouble. Hope all is going well-for you. I'll have a new blog before the Washington game...waiting on the trade if it happens or not. Stay tuned.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP