Rangers Rout Islanders

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The New York Rangers took care of business last night with a total demolishing of the New York Islanders by a score of 7-2. I won’t get too detailed about it but after an early 2-1 lead by the visitors, the Rangers buckled down and fired 52 shots at a beleaguered Dwayne Roloson for a season high shot total.

My take from this game is it was nice to see Matt Gilroy assert himself and play with some confidence. Gilroy might have gotten a little lucky on both of his goals but as I always say, “They don’t draw pictures on a score sheet”. I’m hoping, like most Rangers fans, that Gilroy will finally “get it” and understand that he has to be consistent game in and game out.

Now the Rangers will take on the New Jersey Devils and much like the Islanders the boys in blue must and I mean MUST be ready to play. It’s the beginning of a mini road trip for the Rangers (Devils, Lightning, Panthers) and these points are ever so important. The East this year is a tough conference to be in. Playoff spots will be hard to come by. While the Rangers are in a good spot presently, they can’t relax. In fact, there’s no time to relax… period!

Some other musings… I keep hearing that MDZ might be on the trading block? Well, in my opinion, if he is it better be a lopsided trade in favor of the Rangers. Otherwise, forget about it! MDZ is having a tough year and his production is obviously down. But really, he’s just 20 years old and he will bounce back- trust me!

Another thought… just how far has the New York Islanders organization fallen? For that matter, you can throw in the New Jersey Devils this season too! If only the Flyers could join them and make it a tri-fecta. It would certainly make Rangers fans jump for joy! Just my thoughts.

Speaking of Rangers fans. I want to thank all of you who follow Kotsy’s Korner and listen to the Instigators radio show. You guys are the best! I would also like to thank all of the Rangers fans and friends that I have made when I venture into the big city to catch a game. Whether at Café 31 or the Parlour Restaurant. You guys make it enjoyable for my wife Lisa and I. If I could, I would thank you all personally… but you know who you are and I thank you all, big time. Oh well, onto the New Year! Over and out!

8 comments:

greg m said...

I have to say I was like a lot of people talking to my self when it was 2-1 Isle's but they kept there head on straight and found a way to not just win but destroy them.i don't want to speak about gilroy I like the kid and don't want to jinx him just yet anyway,but I think if you play hard and consistent you get lucky no matter who you are every now and again.
I to would think it a huge mistake for the nyr to trade mdz for but they've done it time and time again showcased the young talent and traded for over the hillers.....blah blah blah we all know them.
im feeling good about this season and the way its going but yea if the flyers bottom fell out it would be a happy new year!
I too , would like to wish you and your family a very happy and healthy new year and thanks for keeping this blog old school..... your one,of a few that say what you mean with out worrying about loosing a press pass!
greg mchugh!

Kotsy's Korner said...

greg m, I think most of us were muttering underneath are breath when the the Islanders scored those two quick ones LOL.

I want Gilroy to do well. He's just got to realize what his assets are. Skating and moving the puck, Those are his strong points. Defensively he has to be stronger physically and overall be more consistent.

As for Del Zotto, He needs to sit back take a deep breath and evaluate his game and settle down a bit. His upside is enormous and trust me the coaching staff and brass are behind him 100% and so am I. It would take a trade of epic proportions to move him.

I thought the Flyers thing would get people to react LOL. Gregg to you and yours have a Happy New Year and keep checking my blog out. You are one of my valued followers and I thank you for that.

Leatherneck said...

Hey Chris..I am becoming a huge fan of Sauer...Man that kid is poised and when he is on the ice 85% of the time it is all quiet on the Western front. I really want to see Sauer paired up with Staal. As for Del Zotto he needs to be sent to Hartford to get his game back. Gilroy has earned his spot on the team and Del Zotto has to beat out one of these two guys Roszival or Eminger. Frankly eminger is solid. Del Zotto can use the time in Hartford like Gilroy had to last year. As for trading Del Zotto, NO WAY. Callahan had to endure a stint a few years back and look at him now. It will be a good move to send him down and bringing up McDonagh for a stint to gain him some NHL experience.

Kotsy's Korner said...

Leatherneck, Sauer has been solid and continues to play physical as well. That's something I personally like to see.

As MDZ I'm not sure sending him down would help at this time. It's not that he's played horrible, It's the lack of production offensively that is missing. That's what he's there for.

You got to admit the future looks real good back on the D-line. The Rangers have done well in restocking that department.

Leatherneck you have a Happy New Year and thanks for following my blog. You are one of the originals.

Jontater said...

Hey Kotsy-
It's always nice seeing you and Lisa pre-game when I go. I wish you a very happy New Year (and the Rangers one too). I agree with you about MDZ. I don't think you give up on a young, mobile and talented blueliner. You have to give him time to mature and learn.

Kotsy's Korner said...

Jontater, It's always fun for Lisa and I when we go to games and meet the passionate real true blue fans. It makes our trips in very enjoyable.

As for MDZ give him time to sort things out. He'll be alright. Thanks for the response and have a Happy New Year!

Leatherneck said...

Happy New Year Chris, well MDZ was way over due for Hartford, I think the kid will benefit eventually from this move and getting a glimpse of McDonagh is not such a terrible thing. I have a trade idea and would like your opinion on it, Sending Gabby and Roszi and or Gilroy to LA for Schenn, Truebert and a few draft choices including 2 number 1's and then in the off season make a huge push to get RFA steve Stamkos, thoughts? feasibility?

Kotsy's Korner said...

Leatherneck, I am actually surprised that Rangers sent MDZ down, Didn't think they would do it. Now that it's happened he had better learn how to play the way they want him to and work his ass off to get back.

Boy you are like a mad scientist with this trade LOL. No way...Too many things would have to happen. Cap space, Signing of prospects Etc...A push for Stamkos, Now that's an Idea???

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP