Stanley Cup Finals, Ron Duguay

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Alright, here we go! The Stanley Cup Finals are about to begin and it’s the Boston Bruins & Vancouver Canucks set to do battle. The Canucks disposed of the San Jose Sharks in 5 games. And really, in my humble opinion, they were clearly the better team as this series proved. With Luongo and the Sedins firing on all cylinders, is this the year that Vancouver finally puts it all together? The fans of the Canucks have never tasted the Cup and have waited patiently, but a failure here would surely fire up the faithful… and not in a good way.

As for the Bruins, they came off a very grueling seven game series against Tampa Bay- who really tested the Bruins heart. Tim Thomas came up big in goal, especially the final game pitching a 1-0 shutout and basically bailed the Bruins out from that “Choke” moniker. The Beantown boys are going to have look to the past and muster up the ghosts of Bobby Orr, Phil Esposito, John Bucyk, Gerry Cheevers, Etc… If they want bring Lord Stanley home.

With all that I’m going with… Drum roll please… Can you hear it? The Vancouver Canucks in 6. I know, I know. I was a Bruins fan growing up and all that, but I just feel the Canucks are a more balanced and steady team. That’s not to say the Bruins can’t win (You still have to play the games people)! I just see to many inconsistencies in the Bruins game. Some nights they are unbeatable and others, well, a beer league team would give them a tough time. That’s all I got once again my pick Canucks in 6!

One other thing I’d like to comment on is the officiating so far in this years NHL playoffs. Do us all a favor… PLEASE stay out of it and let the players decide the winner of this years Stanley Cup. You and the NHL executives are not the show. You never have been and you never will be. Take a hint… look back at game 7 of the Boston/Tampa series. There were no penalties. Now, I don’t expect a penalty free game in the finals… however I do expect penalties that called are earned and not made up because of the silly NHL rules. The fans of this great game deserve better! More common sense and less embarrassing moments that has littered this years playoffs. Now wouldn’t that be nice?!

Also a reminder to tune into the Instigators Hockey Show this Tuesday as Pauly D and I will have former Ranger and friend Ron Duguay on as guest. “Doogie” and I were teammates in my only year with the Blueshirts and this is a rare appearance so do not forget to tune in! Over and out!

Instigators Link: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/pauly-d

4 comments:

Wrath of Sanity said...

I would like to see the Bruins win the cup, but I don't think it's gonna happen. Seems like it's Vancouver's year.

Nice to see the officiating off to a good start as well.

Kotsy's Korner said...

Wrath, What can I tell you about the officiating that you haven't heard already. Nothing positive about it is the feedback from hockey fans all over. It's a shame.

Vancouver should win, The NHL has been waiting for them for a long time. Just remember though you still have to play the games. Game could have went either way.

Leatherneck said...

Hey Chris..Whens the next post?..lol, how about a FA and draft post

greg m said...

are you not posting anything new because i picked boston from begining to end( once nyr were out of it) and you liked vancouver....lmao hope your summer is going well

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP