Playoffs?

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs begin Wednesday, April 9th. The NHL Playoffs are definitely wild and extraordinary. My experience (Yes, I did play in a few of these games) is that every team gets amped up a notch or two more than the regular season. The intensity & adrenaline is unreal. The games get faster, tougher, and downright nasty.

Teams that do well are the ones who, somewhere in the playoffs find a way to have a short series or two. You just can't play 6 or 7 game series all the way to the cup. That is definitely way too draining mentally and physically, as well as just tiring in general.

I'm not saying that you can't do it that way, I just feel you need a short series somewhere on your march towards Lord Stanley's Cup. Well, enough of my thoughts... here are my predictions:

East
Montreal in 6 over Boston
Pittsburgh in 5 over Ottawa
Washington in 7 over Philadelphia
New York in 6 over New Jersey

West
Detroit in 5 over Nashville
San Jose in 7 over Calgary
Colorado in 7 over Minnesota
Anaheim in 6 over Dallas

That's it for my first round predictions, I'm sticking with 'em!

3 comments:

Wrath of Sanity said...

Decent predictions pops. But Philly is gonna beat Washington.

Chris Harvey said...

Overall I like your picks, Philly is gonna lose to the Caps! Olie the Goalie lives on! I don't know if you caught the end of the Av's game but it looked like we had freakin Aebischer in goal again!

WALLY said...

Hey Kotsy,
What did I tell you, the incredible FOLDING FLYERS!!! Washington in maybe 4 not 5. Rangers are looking good for 5 games.OVECHKIN!!!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP